Your Cuta-Copter comes with a One Year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and/or workmanship for consumer use only, excluding rental or commercial use. For all Australian consumers, our warranty is not intended to limit a consumer’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
The warranty period is effective for all original Cuta-Copter’s from the date the product is purchased from an authorised Cuta-Copter Australian dealer, to the original purchaser, for a period of 12 months within Australia and New Zealand.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, this warranty does not cover claims or liability for any incidental or consequential damages arising from, or in connection to the product.
The user accepts all liability and responsibility for the safe operation of the craft and undertakes to only operate the craft when they are competent in the operation of the craft and adhere to all local laws and regulations.
Once you have used this product, it is deemed that you have fully understood the contents of the manual and the warranty coverage. In the event of improper setup and/or use of the product, Cuta Copter Australia will not accept any liability for damages or compensation.
LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
- intentionally landing the craft in water or submerging craft in water.
- damage caused from normal wear and tear, accident, improper/misuse of product, sunlight, penetrative water due to collision, unless caused due to defective materials or workmanship.
- damage caused by negligence or lack of adherence to the manual and the recommended servicing/maintenance for the product.
- damage caused by altering the Flight Controllers factory settings or parameters. Alterations include but are not limited to any changes to the Flight Controllers settings and parameters without the express written authority by Cuta-Copter Australia. The flight controller records all changes to settings and parameters in addition to full flight history – ‘Black box’.
- consumable parts including propellers, landing gear, batteries unless the failure was due to defects in materials or workmanship of the product.
- damage caused by pilot error not related to product failure.
- damage caused by external influences such as, but not limited to loss of GPS signal, electromagnetic interference from natural ground anomalies, transmission towers, power lines, sub stations, radio towers etc
- damage caused from transmission interference and other wireless devices.
- damage caused by unauthorised modifications to the product by a non- authorised Cuta Copter repairer.
- damage caused by using the product outside the products specifications/limitations and/or continuing to use the product in an impaired or damaged state.
- damage caused due to operating the product with a damaged or defective battery and or damage caused due to failure or consequential damage due to improper use/maintenance/storage of the battery, and use of non-genuine Cuta Copter batteries.
- any product that does not have a serial number, if the serial number has been removed or altered, and the purchaser cannot provide proof of purchase.
- Non recovery of drone
REGISTER YOUR WARRANTY
Please visit cutacopteraustralia.com.au and register your warranty as soon as you have purchased the Cuta-Copter.
How to make a claim under
Please visit cutacopteraustraliacom.au and accept the warranty/service conditions and complete the warranty claim form.
Please print the claim form generated and send it along with the drone (At your expense) to the service address listed on the claim form. Please ensure the drone is correctly packaged within the original case and it is packaged sufficiently to reduce any damage during transit. It is advised you adequately insure the goods and retain all shipping documents.
On receipt of the product Cuta Copter Australia will inspect and test the product to determine the issue and responsibility of the product. If it is deemed the issue/problem is covered under warranty, Cuta Copter will be responsible for the inspection fee, materials, labour, and freight costs.
If it is determined that the issue/problem is not covered by the warranty, an inspection fee will be charged, and a quote will be provided prior to any work or maintenance being carried out. The costs of all materials, labour and freight will be the responsibility of the product owner.
Please contact us at any time regarding any service or warranty query directly [email protected].